Collection of Information
We ask the following information (including information collected in the European Economic Area) from our Users for use of The Platform.
- Account Information. For our Users to sign up with The Platform, we require certain information such as their first name, last name, email address.
- Listing Information. To use certain features of The Platform (such as creating a Listing), we may ask our Users to provide additional information such as the address of the Venue, as well as date, time and compensation of the Event.
- Identity Verification Information. To help create and maintain a trusted environment, we may ask our Users to validate their identity by providing government identification.
- Payment Information. To use certain features of The Platform (such as a Host confirming an Artist for an Event), we may require the Host to provide their credit card information to facilitate payment processing. For Artists receiving payment from Hosts, they may be required to provide their PayPal account information.
- Geo-location Information. When you use certain features of The Platform, we may collect information about your precise or approximate location as determined through data such as your IP address or mobile device’s GPS. We may collect this information even when you are not using The Platform, if this connection is enabled through your settings or device permissions.
- Usage Information. We may collect information about your interactions with The Platform such as the pages or content you view, Events you have created or have been booked for, and other interactions with The Platform.
- Data and Device Information. We automatically collect data and device information when you access and use The Platform, even if you have not created an account or logged in. That information may include links to Third Party applications, IP address, access dates and times, hardware and software information, device information, device event information, unique identifiers, crash data, cookie data, and the pages you’ve viewed or engaged with before or after using The Platform.
- Do Not Track Signals. While you may disable the usage of cookies through your browser settings, The Platform currently does not respond to a “Do Not Track” signal in the header from your browser or mobile application due to lack of standardization regarding how that signal should be interpreted.
- Payment Transaction Information. We may collect information related to your payment transactions through The Platform. This may include the payment instrument used, date and time of payment, payment amount, payment instrument expiration date and billing address, PayPal email address, IBAN information, physical address and other related transaction details. Such information, if collected, is held in confidence and is not shared with other Users. We do not encourage nor facilitate the exchange of Payment Information between Users as well. If a User decides to share their Payment Information with another User, Gruve is not held responsible for any outcomes that may arise.
Users may ask us to transmit their Personal Information to external parties. We will make the decision upon the circumstance to determine if it is appropriate to the extent permitted by applicable laws.
Information We Collect from Third Parties.
We may collect information (including information collected in the European Economic Area) about our Users from Third Parties, to conduct the following:
- Background Information. To the extent permitted by applicable laws and to ensure the safety of The Platform, we may collect additional background information about any User to conduct criminal background checks. We may provide Personal Information about our Users to collect such additional information from Third Parties.
- Other Sources. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may ask for additional demographic data or information about our Users from Third Parties, to help detect fraud. We may conduct profiling based on Personal Information, Activity and any information obtained from Third Parties, in order to detect Activity that we think poses a safety or other risk to The Platform.
We do not control how Third Parties collect and process information about our Users.
The Platform is not directed to Users under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect any information directly from Users under the age of 18. If any User believes that The Platform is processing information pertaining to a User below the age of 18, we recommend being informed as soon as possible under the “Support” section of The Platform.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may use, store, and process Personal Information and Activity from our Users in order to communicate support messages, updates, security alerts, and account notifications to our Users.
We may use Personal Information and Activity to create and maintain a trusted and safer environment such as to:
- detect and prevent fraud, spam, abuse, security incidents, and other harmful Activity
- conduct security investigations and risk assessments
- verify or authenticate information or identifications provided by our Users
- conduct checks against databases and other information sources, including background or police checks, to the extent permitted by applicable laws
- comply with our legal obligations
These actions are carried out based on Gruve’s legitimate interest in ensuring compliance with applicable laws, preventing fraud, promoting safety, and improving and ensuring the adequate performance of our services.
Advertising and Marketing
We may use Personal Information, Activity and any information obtained from the Platform or Third Parties in order to improve our advertising and marketing, such as:
- communicate promotional messages and any information that may be of interest to our Users within The Platform
- encourage promotional activities or Events
- perform research and analytics on our Users
- communicate promotional emails to our Users
Additionally, we may share Personal Information and Activity with Third Parties in order to perform targeted advertisements from external platforms, such as social media websites. Users may opt out of targeted advertisements from external platforms by adjusting their account settings for that respective platform. We are not responsible for a User’s inability to opt out of targeted advertisements from external platforms or the way in which an external platform processes their Personal Information.
Any promotional initiative implemented is for the sole purpose of marketing to our Users in order to improve their experience with The Platform. Users may opt out of promotional messages from Gruve at their own discretion, at any date.
Users may choose to opt out of email marketing communication (by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org). We may still need to communicate important transactional information regarding their Personal Information and/or Activity. For example, we may send confirmation emails to Artists once they have been selected for an Event.
Alternatively, we may share information about our Users with Third Party consultancies, including but not limited to, industry research firms conducting market analysis.
All Personal Information about our Users is visible to the general public, which includes any visitor to The Platform. However, any Payment Information regarding our Users will not be disclosed to other Users or the general public.
We may promote parts of The Platform (such as a Listing) on sites operated by our Third Parties, using technologies such as widgets or APIs. If a Listing is displayed on a Third Party’s site, any User that is affiliated with that specific Listing may have his or her Personal Information displayed on that Third Party site.
We do not control the practices of our Third Party sites, and they may use caches containing our Users’ information.
Compliance and Legal
We may disclose our Users’ information to local governmental and tax authorities, or law enforcement, if we are required to do so by law. Such disclosure may be necessary to comply with our legal obligations or respond to claims asserted against Gruve. This information may be used for requests related to registering Users, criminal investigations, alleged or suspected illegal Activity, or any other Activity that secures and protects the safety of The Platform, our Third Parties and our Users.
These disclosures may be necessary to prevent crime, enforcing legal rights, facilitating the collection of taxes and prevention of tax fraud.
We may inform Users about legal requests unless providing notice is unnecessary or prohibited by the applicable law, or by court order we receive.
The Platform uses a variety of Third Party service providers to help us facilitate payment processing services. Service providers may be located inside or outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
Our Third Party service providers include Stripe Inc. and PayPal Inc. Please refer to our Terms for more information on these providers. Alternatively, you can learn more at www.stripe.com and www.paypal.com
Our Third Party service providers may help us verify your identity or authenticate your identification documents and check information against public databases. Although our Third Party service providers are contractually bound to protect the Personal Information and Payment Information of our Users, we are not liable for any claims, damages or losses that may arise from their misuse of this information.
Sharing of information within Users
Personal Information and any information regarding a Listing are publicly available on The Platform. However, we do not encourage Users to share this information with other Users unless it provides an added benefit to the participating Users. We do not encourage Users to share this information with external parties unless there is an added benefit to the participating Users and external parties. An example of external parties that may benefit from such information may include, but not limited to, landlords, management companies, and/or property owners in order to facilitate Events listed through The Platform.
If Gruve is involved in a merger, acquisition or bankruptcy, we may be required to share information about our Users with any participating parties involved in the transaction.
Third Party Accounts Integration
Users may link their account on The Platform with their respective accounts from Third Parties, such as Facebook, Soundcloud, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, etc. It is the User’s discretion to link their account on The Platform with Third Party accounts, as we do not take responsibility for this decision on behalf of Users.
This purpose of this linkage is to provide the maximum possible exposure to Users and public viewers regarding a specific User’s profile, while complying with applicable laws. For example, an Artist’s Facebook account may be linked to their profile on The Platform.
Maintenance of User Information
It is always the responsibility of Users to keep their information on The Platform up to date. We retain the Personal Information of Users for as long as their account is registered on The Platform, and to comply with our legal obligations.
It is the User’s discretion to delete their account at any date. However, Gruve may delete a User’s account, at their discretion, with or without prior notice to the User. Users will no longer be registered with The Platform as a result.
Users may also hide their account at any date. Users will no longer be visible on The Platform until they unhide their account.
There are certain circumstances where we may need to retain Personal Information and/or Activity, to the extent permitted by applicable laws, even after a User is no longer registered or visible on the platform. The following circumstances are for:
- Fraud detection and prevention and enhancing safety. For example, if we suspend an account on The Platform for fraud or safety reasons, we may retain certain information from that account to prevent that User from opening a new account in the future.
- To comply with our legal obligations. For example, we may keep some certain information for tax, legal reporting and auditing obligations.
- Information that Users have shared with other Users, such as ratings and reviews. This information will continue to be publicly visible on The Platform, even if currently, a non-registered User, shared such information when they were previously registered or visible.
Additional Regulations for European Economic Area Users
For Users that are residents of the European Economic Area, the following additional privacy rights apply, according to GDPR.
The right to be informed. We must inform Users how we will process their information every time we collect it.
The right of access. Users have right of access to information that they provide us.
The right to rectification. If any User believes we have collected incorrect information, the User has the right to ask us to correct it.
The right to erasure. Users have the right to ask us to delete their information.
The right to restrict processing. Users have the right to alter their communication preferences. Users can also suppress the processing of their information.
The right to data portability. Users can obtain and reuse their information for their own personal purpose.
The right to object. Users can opt out of direct marketing communication from us or our Third Parties. For example, a User can ask us to stop sending them email marketing communication.
Gruve has appointed a Data Protection Officer to oversee everything we do with Users’ information and monitor our compliance with data protection laws.
To act on any privacy rights listed in this section, or to contact our Data Protection Officer, Users can email us at email@example.com.
The Platform aims to protect Personal Information and Payment Information against unauthorized access and/or alteration. If a User knows or has reason to believe their information has been lost, altered or suspected to be under unauthorized use, please contact us under the “Support” section of The Platform. We will make our best effort to investigate the issue, however we do not guarantee a recovery of information if it is deemed to have been accessed and/or altered.
Questions and Concerns